Putting together a website yourself requires a few resources to be pulled together and you should use tools that are convenient for you. I’ve compiled my own rolodex of tools that I have found to be the best way to easily and affordably compose your own website. Using these resources I’ve collected I’ve been able to create any type of website such as:
- local business websites
- full e-commerce stores
- complex marketing funnels
- digital products & membership sites
Here are the steps and resources for setting up your website starting from scratch:
1. First you need to set up how you will keep your website organized. I recommend using Dropbox to backup your website and keep organized as well as make outsourcing an easy task. sign up for a free account and download Dropbox to your computer and download the dropbox app to your phone.
how to download dropbox to your computer
How to set up your Dropbox to organize your website:
2. You need to create an account at weebly.com. Weebly is your host. Create your website. Once your website is created you need a domain name. Get your domain name from namecheap.com. You can always find current coupons for domain names at namecheapcoupons.com. Now you will point your domain name to your host.
This is how you connect your new domain to your weebly website.
3. Once your website is complete, publish your website